Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

FNSI & Roots to Grow Wire Worked Tree


I took another beading class this past week and am thrilled with the results. The class was called Roots To Grow.So easy. I will be making many more of these! It's about 3 1/2" in diameter. A little large for a pendant, but could easily be a tree ornament. The next one I make will be smaller though.

As for my FNSI, it was more of a 1 seam sew in.The final guild meeting of the year was last night so I didn't get started on my FNSI until 11!  At least something got started (yup another one of those Jelly Roll 1600s).
This one will be much larger, more of a queen sized quilt. If my calculations are correct, I need 3 jelly rolls to make it. I've got a week left to do it, along with some smaller handmade gifts.

I ventured out to the mall this morning. All I can say is YIKES! Thank goodness all my shopping is done, except for the groceries. Tonight I will get our little tree decorated. It's one of those tall, but very skinny alpine looking trees. I usually only have lights on it - but this year it's getting smothered with sparkly light gold, silver and taupe baubles. It will look gaudy and overdressed but I don't care - this year my heart cries out for shimmer!

Happy Holidays!
corina

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Great pendant!

dianne said...

i LOVE that tree ... seriously love it.

Jen said...

Ooh, such a gorgeous piece! Those would make fabulous gifts :)

wendy said...

Love the Pendant....did you take that class at Poco? I just watched a video on how to make one last night and am planning on making one, or two, or......! Love the colors you used!